Finally, the long wait is over for all the Filipinos who aspire to work in South Korea. The Human Resource Department of Korea (HRD) through the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) has announced the schedule of registration and examination for the Paper Based Test (PBT) and Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Korean Language.
But before you get too excited, they also announced that there are additional requirements in order to be qualified as a foreign worker in Korea. I have posted the Process on How To Apply As Factory Worker in Korea in this blog before, apparently, that process is no longer applicable for this year’s recruitment because Korea is now hiring foreign workers based on Point System.
Before we get the details of the examination, please be informed that passing the Korean language test is not the only requirement to be hired. Aside from the Language Test, you must also pass the Skills test and at the same time you will be given the option for the competency test. We will discuss the other parts of point systems soon, but if you want to know the details of this, you can check THIS LINK for more information.
Your first challenge now is to pass the Korean Language Test. The qualifications of applicants have been revised already. The following are the new qualifications:
① Person aged between 18 and 38(Person born between Feb 1, 1978 ~ Jan 31, 1999)
② Person who has not been convicted of imprisonment or heavier punishment
③ Person who have no record of deportation or departure orders from the Republic of Korea
④ Person who is not restricted from departure of home country
⑤ Person who has no color blindness and color weakness
⑥ Person who has no physical handicaps such as the slipped disc or finger amputation
If you think you have the qualifications above, these are the dates of registrations and examinations:
Registration Period (4 DAYS): 31 January (Tues) ~ 3 February (Fri)
Period: January 31-1-2 – February 3 – Male Applicants
February 3 – Male and Female Applicants may register (However, Male Applicants are preferred due to the nature of work) Presently, POEA has 2,000 Female Jobseekers in the roster. Allowed registrants per day: 7,500 or a maximum of 30,000 for four (4) days
Time: From 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
▪Announcement of Test Date, Place & Method: 17 March (Fri)
▪ Actual Test via PBT: 25 March (Sat) ~ 26 March (Sun)
▪ Actual Test via CBT: 3 July (Mon) ~ 31 July (Mon) / May be changed
▪ Announcement of Passers via PBT: 7 April (Fri)
▪ Announcement of Passers via CBT: 11 August (Fri)
Here are the requirements you need to submit:
1. Passport (validity should not be earlier than January 2018)
2. Clear copy of scanned passport
3. Clear recent colored ID picture with dark blue background and name tag: (Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial, Suffix in capital letters), size: 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm
How to Apply Online(www.poea.gov.ph):
1. Create an EPS-TOPIK Registration Account
2. Check the email you provided 3. Click the link to activate your account in your email
4. Complete the registration form and then click “Submit”
5. Your application is now for evaluation. Please check your email for the status of your registration.
6. Login to your EPS-TOPIK Registration Account. If your registration has been approved, click “proceed to payment”.
7. Type the required information in the payment form 8. Wait for payment confirmation. Message, “You are now registered” 9. Print your test permit on the scheduled date.
Please note that this is just the FIRST STEP for the Point System. If you pass this test, then you can proceed to the SECOND STEP which is the Skills Test. I will discuss about this test in the future blogpost.